The three-way solenoid valve relieves pressure in the filter-holder immediately after pulling a shot, improving the in-cup quality.
Water empties from the filter-holder via the open valve and ends up in the drip tray. This leaves the coffee pucks relatively dry, and their container will be easier to clean.
The traditional filters are thought for the ones who have more experience and manual skills, while the “crema perfetta” filter is made to always get an impeccable espresso, regardless of your level of expertise. Remember to use the frothing jet device with the “cream perfetta” filter.
Press the steam button
2. After 15-20 seconds, the steam temperature indicator light turns on
3. Turn the steam/hot water knob slightly counter-clockwise to eliminate any condensation from the wand, then close the knob again
4. Place the jug, half-filled with cold milk, under the steam wand
5. Place the steam nozzle just below the surface of the milk – avoid touching the bottom of the jug – and keep it close to the edge of the jug with an appropriate angle to produce a vortex
6. Turn the steam dispensing knob counterclockwise to let the steam come out. To froth the milk correctly, the steam nozzle must always be in contact with the milk and not with the froth
7. Once the desired frothing has been achieved, the steam nozzle must be pushed further to heat the milk well
8. Close the steam knob by turning it clockwise to stop dispensing steam, and remove the jug
9. Press the steam button
10. Let it rest for around 30 seconds to obtain a velvety texture.
To deep dive in the art of cappuccino making, watch the Gaggia Home Barista Academy video and learn all the barista’s secrets!
Yes, you can use mineral still water or tap water. It is important not to use sparkling water as it can negatively affect the brewing process.
It is possible to remove the water tank, the Panarello, the drip tray, and the drip tray plate. We suggest washing them under tap water and delicately wiping them with a clean cloth. We advise against washing these components in the dishwasher.